Authors, publishers and those involved in the food and drink “world” – we want to hear your news, hear your opinions and see your up-and-coming books and products. Wherever you are based in the world, YUM wants to know. Presently the majority of our reviews will be of English-language books but this is not an exclusive requirement. It is also easy to get in touch with us to discuss an idea.
Naturally publication embargoes are respected so that reviews can be targeted for release on the day of publication even to help focus buzz and interest.
The following tips can help you submit products for review. Details on submitting news tips and our contact details can be found here. There is no need to address material to a specific person as it will be sorted and distributed upon receipt.
- Please, where possible, send your product ahead of launch, under clearly marked embargo if required. Reviews are scheduled and with the best will in the world a rushed review is not a considered review. For the avoidance of doubt “YUM time” is two hours ahead of London time.
- Please ensure that attached information states the book’s “proper” title, author, publisher/imprint name, retail price, number of pages, ISBN and – in the case of simultaneous format release – highlight the different information. The information sheet may be transmitted to a reviewer ahead of the product and can be entered into our scheduling system. Similar requirements, as applicable, exist for other product types.
- A high-resolution image of the cover/product (in solo focus) should be provided (or promptly available upon request) along with details of any illustrator/photographer credits.
- Provide details of “press contacts” for our internal use (not for publication) that may be used to address queries about the product, to discuss possible in-depth interviews and other enhanced opportunities.
- As cookery books are inherently visual and physical by nature, physical product is preferred for review over e-book versions (or an e-book version can be simultaneously commented upon if similarly provided at the same time). Where an electronic version of a physical product is solely provided, we will make it clear that we have not reviewed the physical product, and thus many “plus points” such as “look and feel”, usability and impressions that often help swing a sale are missing.
Whilst we try to cover as many products and news stories as possible, sadly it is not always possible to achieve that goal. Over enthusiastic, repeated inquiries as to whether we have received X, what do we think of X and when will we cover X are respectfully not welcome (as the time we spend dealing with such inquiries could better be spent actually planning, writing and reviewing. If you must send a status inquiry, please use e-mail, and don’t be offended by a very short response. No discourtesy is intended.
Once any review or news article is published you are welcome to link to it directly and utilize excerpts from this on your own site/other publicity material etc but it is essential that you credit YUM.fi.